I call it my MacGyver pack. Which I probably shouldn't because I have never seen an episode of MacGyver so I could totally be making a bad reference. But it is the little survival kit I keep in my purse that covers all sorts of emergencies.
At the moment it is a Liberty of London for J Crew zippered pouch that was wildly overpriced but I needed a zippered pouch and as it happens, the minute I needed one, I could not find one anywhere. (I am guessing MacGyver didn't carry a J Crew zippered pouch. Did he carry a backpack? A fanny pack? I really just need to watch one episode, I guess. And I should really watch Fight Club too. I always reference it but I have never ever seen it.)
1. Hollywood Fashion Tape - Nothing is worse than getting to the office or an event and realizing that your outfit is on the verge of a wardrobe malfunction. And nothing ruins an outfit more than constantly tugging at hemlines and necklines all day long. This little tin of fashion tape is my savior in so many moments of fashion woe.
2. Blister Armour Anti Friction Stick - The minute I sense a shoe is even thinking about giving me a blister, I attack my foot with this stick. If my feet are not happy, I get cranky.
3. Smith's Rosebud Salve Tube - I hate the taste and scent of anything rose flavored. So I have no idea why I bought this. I think I thought Rosebud was the brand name and not the scent and flavor. And I hate the scent and flavor. But I paid six dollars for this tube and its lip moisturizing skills cannot be denied so I will continue to use it until it is gone and never buy it again.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips I am not a big lipstick wearer. Every time I put it on in a color anything other than actual color of my lips and look in the mirror, I just do not look like myself. And while that is the point of lipstick, it just makes me feel self-conscious. But I was sold on the Baby Lips line simply because it has a high SPF, the colors are there but mild (they are not all clear like the one in the picture), and it comes in fun flavors.
5. Travel Sized Deodorant - There have been one too many moments in my life when I realize too late that I forgot to put deodorant on. And then I spend the entire day doing sniff checks and not making any grand arm or hand gestures. And then I finally learned to carry a travel sized deodorant.
6. laura mercier Matte Translucent Powder Putting powder on after my make-up in the morning is generally the one task that I found makes or breaks whether or not I leave on time and make my normal train. So rather than stress about, I just throw it in my bag and put it on while I am waiting for computer to start at work. I love this laura mercier powder for my blotchy skin. However, it is white until it is smoothed into the skin. And if I put it on in a hurry, the white residue does not get rubbed in and I look like I face planted into a box of powdered sugar donuts. Which while a delicious idea, not exactly the look I should be wearing at the office. (Yes, this has happened. Yes, I am not lying when I say that I am often a total train wreck.)
7. Jurlique Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer - One of my favorite parts of winter is that I am wearing mittens all the time outside and my hands never come in contact with anything on Metro. Once the mittens are gone though, I can feel all of the germs on me and I find myself sprinting to soap and water the minute I have access to it. Just thinking about the germs is too much. So hand sanitizer it is for emergencies. I like this one because it is moisturizing; hand sanitizer makes my skin so dry!
What is in your purse survival kit?